Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tulip distraction

Today’s blog is written hoping to encourage you to go outside, get down in the green spring grass, and take some tulip photos. Here in this part of Maine, they’re blooming like crazy in every yard and public space. They’re simply gorgeous. I’m obsessed.




Here are some of my recent tulip shots:

These are the ones that sprung up in the front of my house from the bulbs I planted last fall. I’ve noted my calendar to plants dozens more.











This group of beauties lives in downtown Bangor. I shot these earlier this week in the early evening sun. I love how the leaves show the delicate shine of their petals. They almost glow!








This last batch is currently in bloom in front of the Fogler Library on the campus of the University of Maine in Orono. They are planted and bloom in the shape of a ribbon, a dedication to the pink ribbon campaign for breast cancer awareness.


I love that there's just one yellow tulip in this bunch.


I selected a few individual blooms to highlight, given that part of their beauty is the tender folds of their petals,  their sturdy and determined stems supporting them.

I love Jane Brocket's blog and her recent entry with fabulous tulip photography is one of my favorites. Check her out at http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment