Thursday, April 8, 2010

Crocus Focus

You could say that of late, the level of my photography has gone down.  I would agree.  It's gone down alright.  To the ground and dirt that's finally freed from the snow cover; to where, at long last, the flowers are poking through the ground.  I was on my knees last week to get this shot of the crocuses that are coming up in my yard.  These were planted by a former owner.  I can't take the credit.  They were a wonderful surprise last week, after days of rain.




In another case of me being on my knees in the dirt, I photographed this beautiful batch of crocuses in the flower beds in front of my dentists office.  you can see the rain drops clinging to the petals and the colors made vibrant by the setting.  Love this. 

Really.  Not trying to bore you with my crocus obsession.  Daffodils are blooming now, too and my crocus focus will soon have some competition.  Given my feelings about winter in Maine (more on that on my Maine page), the crocuses are such a welcomed site.  There are few flowers that excite me more.  It's not the simple little flower itself, it's the whole package of spring and it's final arrival.  It's know that if they're here, then summer is coming . . . eventually.  Mostly it means that winter is behind me for another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment