Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The NEXT 45 Years

Yesterday was my 45th birthday. The weather was hot and the sky was blue, a near perfect spring day here at home. Had I been able to select the weather, I would have picked just that kind of day. As time passed through the day, I received many great birthday wishes via Facebook. My husband and daughter took me out for dinner then had a little celebration at home with the requisite cake and candles. It was a nice day.




So that makes today Day # 1 of the next 45 years of my life. Perhaps that implies that this is what I have determined to be the halfway point and to be honest, I’m shooting for 100 years, but just for the sake of conversation, let’s say that this is the start of the balance of the time I have to spend on this planet. I do hope that I am so lucky as to make it that far. With that thought in mind, I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish and experience in the NEXT 45 years of my life.



I started a list. Did someone refer to this as a “bucket list?” As I got into the list, I found that I had specific things, like learn how to make a kick ass salsa and ride Kingda Ka, and I had more general things like travel around for a year in an RV and stay strong.

I'm short on time to post today.  I think I will start a list here on this blog of the things I plan to experience during my next 45 years.  I would love to hear your ideas and dreams about what you want to accomplish in the next five, ten, twenty or even forty five years.  Please comment and inspire!

No comments:

Post a Comment