Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Travel Photography - Favorites from California

Water Lilies at San Juan Capistrano


In August, we traveled.  Vacation to California early in the month, then a business trip to Philadelphia later on.  Hysterical.  Delicious.  Saturated.  Gluttonous.  Exhilarating.  I could go on, but thankfully you might say, won't.  For now, I will share some of my photography from the road. 

One of my favorite stops - kind of a surprise - was at the Mission at San Juan Capistrano.  Yeah, I had heard all about the swallows and certainly enjoyed the story - But the gardens, and the buildings, and I just fell in love with the feeling of the whole place.

Loved the cacti and the adobe.  They compliment each other.

The flowers, the palm trees, oh my!    
The blooms and the arches.  So pretty.






Our stop at San Juan Capistrano was on the way between Los Angeles and San Diego.  In San Diego, we planned a trip to the world famous San Diego Zoo.  Here are two of my favorites from that day?

I know you're not supposed to cut off the heads of zoo animals but I just loved the shot of the little guy.  The giraffes are my second favorite animals of the day.
This one - the flamingo - is my favorite.  Just look at how delicate the feathers are.  How soft a place to rest one's head.  Too bad you have to stand on one leg to do it.










No comments:

Post a Comment