Wednesday, August 25, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHY – High School Senior Photos: Meet Robyn


Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting Robyn. She is about to voyage into her senior year in high school. What an amazing year she has ahead of her. She has so many choices to make and options available to her at this point. College. Work. Friends. Huge things that will impact her for a long time.



I am confident she can handle it all with grace.


When I shot her senior photos this past weekend, I was excited by the possibilities that shooting at the barn held. My mind was going to the red painted classic New England barn, and the visual impact of the lines of the fencing. I wasn’t prepared for the love.


My sister had a horse when we were growing up. She boarded him at a stable in the “country” part of town and to me it was this big mystery creature, somewhere out “there” that she was devoted to. I didn’t quite get it. I did gymnastics and wrote little stories that I never showed anyone. She rode horses. I did come to understand that their individual personalities and temperaments were a large part of the attraction. I just wasn’t a horse person.

Robyn is. Since she was six years old she’s been on top of a horse. The girl looks so comfortable and in control of this huge creature. She clearly has a connection.

As we walked around the field, then around the barn, the pasture and into the woods, Robyn had Shady perfectly behaved. I want to thank her for being so comfortable with him. It made me much more at ease shooting around him. I must admit I was intimidated. Between her confidence with him and mine behind the camera, the photographs turned out great.

Have a look at the whole gallery here.



If you’re a senior in the greater Bangor Maine area and are looking for someone to photograph you for your senior yearbook photos, please give me a call or email me. I can offer some great rates and some shooting options that will make this a fun experience for you. If you want to bring a friend, cool. We can photograph both of you in the same session; individual portraits and then some together for the fun of it. We can shoot at your favorite place, like the barn, or a park, or find some gritty downtown alley or beautiful garden. Whatever it is that suites YOUR personality is where we need to go.





You can reach me via email at celeste@celestecota.com or by phone at 207.991.9788 or search for me on Facebook. Let’s connect and see how great you can be. Let’s show the world who YOU are.

No comments:

Post a Comment